Skip to main content

Is it really life or is it all a trance….???

-Safwan Mohamed Erooth-


It’s all over now, I have completed my studies in engineering and I have been chosen for a job abroad in Switzerland as a computer engineer and I will have to join there in less than a week…but before that I have to go home. I have not let those at home know this news… they will be very pleased to know but I’ll tell them after I reach home from the university…let it be a surprise, it have been a long time after I have seen them and now I’m going to see them and this time with a good news that ‘I have been selected…’.I reached home after 7 hours of exhausting ride… there I saw all waiting impatiently for me, I kissed mothers forehead and gave dad a warm hug… I could see all my close friends and loved once there…my eyes overflowed with tears and I could feel it running down through my cheek, I quickly swept my face so that no one sees…and now! I thought, it was the time to let them all know the good news, the news that I have been selected…but suddenly a voice startled me “Hello, wake up man! You will be late for your exam”

I thought what nonsense I was hearing, for a while I couldn’t grasp a thing … there seemed a incomprehensive variance between what I saw and heard…suddenly I opened my eyes and found myself in my room at the hostel, the fact that it was all a dream dazed me greatly…I couldn’t keep myself from expressing the astonishment to my friend who woke me up from the dream “I was with my mother and dad…to get there I rode more than 7 hours…I really felt the warmth of my mothers body… see my eyes it’s still wet with tears…I saw all my old friends there…I even had a yummy supper with them, they all were very happy seeing me home after a long period…”

The hug which I gave my dad and the kiss I gave my mother and the seven hours of exhausting journey all were actually mere dream of a few second or minutes. Though in dream what I experienced was not anything different from my valid life.

This made me revise my views on this world…because it took some one to wake me to understand that all I saw and experienced were nothing but plain dream… it was only after my friend woke me I could realize that the supper I had with my father and the kiss I gave my mother were all delusion…so how could I be so sure that I’m living, why couldn’t it be a dream that I’m in…how could I be so sure that I wont be awoken from this what we call life.

Moreover I found a verse in the Holy Qur’an, a verse which meant something similar to this

“He will say:” What number of years did you stay on earth?” They will say: “We stayed

a day or apart of a day: but ask those who keep account.” He will say: “You stayed not

But a little, if you had only known!” ”

(Surah-al-Mu’minun: 112-114)

“Thought” and “comprehension” are unique traits of man; without this man lacks his most distinctive quality. If this lacks it could makes him lower than beasts. So those who have not lost these qualities are likely to think over this vital subject and no doubt it will help you a lot and bring you to a legitimacy that will rescue you from all the material and eternal evil. The question that still remains unanswered is; whether we are living or are we just dreaming..???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

യുവത്വത്തിന്‍റെ പോരാട്ടം; പുതിയ മാധ്യമങ്ങളുടേതും

പുതിയ തലമുറ ഒട്ടും  ‘ പോളിറ്റിക്കലല്ല ’  എന്ന ആരോപണം മുതിര്‍ന്നവര്‍ക്ക് ഇനി അത്ര എളുപ്പത്തില്‍ ഉന്നയിക്കാനാവില്ല. തുനീഷ്യയില്‍ നിന്ന് തുടങ്ങി ഈജിപ്തിലൂടെ പടരുന്ന, എകാധിപത്യത്തിനെതിരായ ജനകീയ പ്രക്ഷോഭങ്ങളുടെ രൂപവും ശൈലിയും പുതിയ തലമുറയെക്കുറിച്ചുള്ള ആശങ്കകള്‍ അസ്ഥാനാനെന്നു അടിവരയിടുന്നു. തങ്ങള്‍ ജീവിക്കുന്ന ‘ അയഥാര്‍ത്ഥ ലോക ’ ത്തിന്‍റെ സാധ്യതകളെ രാഷ്ട്രീയ പ്രവര്‍ത്തനത്തിന്‍റെ ഉപകരണങ്ങളാക്കി മാറ്റി, ഈ തലമുറ ഭൂമിയില്‍ നിലനില്‍ക്കാനുള്ള തങ്ങളുടെ കഴിവും അര്‍ഹതയും തെളിയിക്കുമ്പോള്‍, ഈജിപ്ത്യന്‍ വിപ്ലവത്തിന്  ‘ യൂത്ത്‌ റിവോള്‍ട്ട് ’  എന്ന് കൂടി പേര് വീഴുകയാണ്. വിവര സാങ്കേതികവിദ്യ ഒരുക്കുന്ന കെണികളില്‍ കുരുങ്ങി പൊലിഞ്ഞ് തീരുന്നവര്‍ എന്നാണ്  മുതിര്‍ന്നവര്‍ സഹതാപം കലര്‍ന്ന ഭാഷയില്‍ ഏറ്റവും ഇളം തലമുറയെ വിശേഷിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്. ആ ഇളം തലമുറയാണ് ഉജ്ജ്വലമായ ഒരു പ്രക്ഷോഭത്തെ തങ്ങളുടെ ലോകത്തിലെ സങ്കേതങ്ങളുപയോഗിച്ച് നിര്‍മ്മിക്കുകയും വികസിപ്പിക്കുകയും ചെയ്യുന്നത്. വിവര സാങ്കേതിക വിദ്യയുടെ സാധ്യതകളെ സാംസ്കാരികമായും രാഷ്ട്രീയപരമായും പ്രോയോജനപ്പെടുത്താന്‍ നിരവധി വഴികലുന്ടെന്ന് അഭിപ്രായപ്പെടുന്ന ധാരാളം ആളുകള

Criminals that we vote into power

  An analysis published by National Election Watch (NEW), a collective of more than 1,200 NGOs and citizen-led organisations, shows the rot going deeper than before. NEW's report says 153 out of 355 candidates analysed (i.e. about 43 per cent) have criminal cases pending against them, as declared by them under oath . 54% of congress candidates are having pending criminal cases. 45% of CPI[M] candidates are having pending criminal cases. 67% of CMP candidates are having pending criminal cases. 43% Muslim League candidates are having pending criminal cases. All major parties have given tickets to candidates accused of extortion, murder, and such other culpable offences. Here is a party-wise list of tainted candidates: Here is the complete analysis.

പടരുന്ന വിപ്ലവത്തിന്‍റെ ജീന്‍

    തുനീഷ്യയിലെ  ജാസ്മിന്‍വിപ്ലവം ഒരു ആത്മഹത്യയില്‍ നിന്നുണ്ടായതാണെങ്കില്‍ , ഈജിപ്ത് വിപ്ലവം അങ്ങനെ ഒന്നല്ല. കൃത്യമായ ആസൂത്രണവും ദിശാബോധവുമുളള ഒരു മുന്നേറ്റമായിരുന്നു അത്.  ഇതുമായി ബന്ധപെട്ടു നമ്മള്‍ ഒരുപാട് പേരുകള്‍ പല മാധ്യമങ്ങളിലൂടെയും  വായിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ടെങ്കിലും 'ജീന്‍ ഷാര്‍പിന്‍റെ' "From Dictatorship to Democracy" യെന്ന ബുക്ക്‌ എവിടെയും പരാമര്‍ശിച്ചിട്ടില്ല.   ഇരുപത്തിഒന്നാം നൂറ്റാണ്ടിന്‍റെ തുടക്കത്തില്‍  Eastern Europe - ലെ രാജ്യങ്ങളില്‍ ആഞ്ഞുവീശിയ വിപ്ലവം(Colour Revolution) തികച്ചും സമാനമായ ഒന്നായിരുന്നു. അതില്‍ ഷാര്‍പിന്‍റെ കൃതി വഹിച്ച പങ്ക് വളരെ വലുതാണെങ്കിലും ലോകജനത ഷാര്‍പിനെ വല്ലാതെ ഒന്നും അറിഞ്ഞിട്ടില്ല. 2009 -തിലെ സമാധാനത്തിനുള്ള നോബല്‍ സമ്മാനത്തിനു ‌നോമിനേഷന്‍ കിട്ടിയതും ഷാര്‍പിനേയും അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്‍റെ കൃതിയെയും വല്ലാതെ ഒന്നും പ്രശസ്തമാക്കിയില്ല.     അനുസരിക്കാനുള്ള ജനങ്ങളുടെ സന്നദ്ധതയാണ് ഏതൊരു എകാധിപതിയുടെയും ശക്തി എന്ന് ഷാര്‍പ്പ് വാദിക്കുന്നു. എന്നാല്‍ അനുസരിക്കാതിരിക്കാന്‍  ജനങ്ങള്‍ മാര്‍ഗങ്ങള്‍ വികസിപ്പിക്കുമ്പോള്‍ ഏകാധിപത്യം വിഴും. ഇത്തരത്തിലുള്ള ഹിംസാര