Skip to main content

A Father’s Dream, from his Eldest Son.

Ya it’s about me and my dad. But I think it’s similar for all of you who are the eldest to your dad and the earnest too…


My dad has been abroad in K.S.A for last few decades. Half of his youth and the lions-share of his whole life itself were there. Away from his native, in that desert with wild climate he worked and his only concern was his family. 6 Children and his beloved wife was his universe and their prosperity his primary concern. At first my dad lived with all of us there in the kingdom… and thank god was happy to be together. As usual time played the tricks and things changed. His children grew and had to leave for education. And so did the family left back to native. In the city build on desert with wild climate my dad lived no… strived! For his ‘six’ and the beloved wife! His children his greatest treasure is now learning at different grades; which he is seeing with great dreams, great expectation! And among them is I the humble.

Though second child from top I’m the eldest Son and so the Second in Command! And me a college student. Each time I face an exam dad calls me and inspires me, but I seemed to look as if I’m aspired for something else. Each results though were in average, where far below my dad’s dreams. I feel he was not wrong to dream as I never have strived for any exams I faced.

So now here I stay in middle of my so called life at the point where my dad actually took the responsibility of his whole family, mom, brothers and sisters! Now at this point, my dad’s dream echoes in my mind… it haunts me and forces me to accept with shame that I’m nowhere near my dad when he was at my age. Now at this point of time look at me still standing high forgetting that the sand below me is solid only because of my dad’s support. He still is there in that Kingdom so called as Saudi Arabia, no rest, no pause working for his Six and the beloved.

When is this Son of his going to take the responsibility and Say, “Dad now you rest and watch your children prosper and let me do the task of supporting.”

Now I shall remember in my each step, each breathe and sigh… that there in the Kingdom there is a noble man… my dad, striving for me and all! That it’s me and me alone who holds the key for him to come back to his native and live with his six and the beloved! And God Willing; I shall make that happen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

യുവത്വത്തിന്‍റെ പോരാട്ടം; പുതിയ മാധ്യമങ്ങളുടേതും

പുതിയ തലമുറ ഒട്ടും  ‘ പോളിറ്റിക്കലല്ല ’  എന്ന ആരോപണം മുതിര്‍ന്നവര്‍ക്ക് ഇനി അത്ര എളുപ്പത്തില്‍ ഉന്നയിക്കാനാവില്ല. തുനീഷ്യയില്‍ നിന്ന് തുടങ്ങി ഈജിപ്തിലൂടെ പടരുന്ന, എകാധിപത്യത്തിനെതിരായ ജനകീയ പ്രക്ഷോഭങ്ങളുടെ രൂപവും ശൈലിയും പുതിയ തലമുറയെക്കുറിച്ചുള്ള ആശങ്കകള്‍ അസ്ഥാനാനെന്നു അടിവരയിടുന്നു. തങ്ങള്‍ ജീവിക്കുന്ന ‘ അയഥാര്‍ത്ഥ ലോക ’ ത്തിന്‍റെ സാധ്യതകളെ രാഷ്ട്രീയ പ്രവര്‍ത്തനത്തിന്‍റെ ഉപകരണങ്ങളാക്കി മാറ്റി, ഈ തലമുറ ഭൂമിയില്‍ നിലനില്‍ക്കാനുള്ള തങ്ങളുടെ കഴിവും അര്‍ഹതയും തെളിയിക്കുമ്പോള്‍, ഈജിപ്ത്യന്‍ വിപ്ലവത്തിന്  ‘ യൂത്ത്‌ റിവോള്‍ട്ട് ’  എന്ന് കൂടി പേര് വീഴുകയാണ്. വിവര സാങ്കേതികവിദ്യ ഒരുക്കുന്ന കെണികളില്‍ കുരുങ്ങി പൊലിഞ്ഞ് തീരുന്നവര്‍ എന്നാണ്  മുതിര്‍ന്നവര്‍ സഹതാപം കലര്‍ന്ന ഭാഷയില്‍ ഏറ്റവും ഇളം തലമുറയെ വിശേഷിപ്പിക്കുന്നത്. ആ ഇളം തലമുറയാണ് ഉജ്ജ്വലമായ ഒരു പ്രക്ഷോഭത്തെ തങ്ങളുടെ ലോകത്തിലെ സങ്കേതങ്ങളുപയോഗിച്ച് നിര്‍മ്മിക്കുകയും വികസിപ്പിക്കുകയും ചെയ്യുന്നത്. വിവര സാങ്കേതിക വിദ്യയുടെ സാധ്യതകളെ സാംസ്കാരികമായും രാഷ്ട്രീയപരമായും പ്രോയോജനപ്പെടുത്താന്‍ നിരവധി വഴികലുന്ടെന്ന് അഭിപ്രായപ്പെടുന്ന ധാരാളം ആളുകള

പടരുന്ന വിപ്ലവത്തിന്‍റെ ജീന്‍

    തുനീഷ്യയിലെ  ജാസ്മിന്‍വിപ്ലവം ഒരു ആത്മഹത്യയില്‍ നിന്നുണ്ടായതാണെങ്കില്‍ , ഈജിപ്ത് വിപ്ലവം അങ്ങനെ ഒന്നല്ല. കൃത്യമായ ആസൂത്രണവും ദിശാബോധവുമുളള ഒരു മുന്നേറ്റമായിരുന്നു അത്.  ഇതുമായി ബന്ധപെട്ടു നമ്മള്‍ ഒരുപാട് പേരുകള്‍ പല മാധ്യമങ്ങളിലൂടെയും  വായിച്ചിട്ടുണ്ടെങ്കിലും 'ജീന്‍ ഷാര്‍പിന്‍റെ' "From Dictatorship to Democracy" യെന്ന ബുക്ക്‌ എവിടെയും പരാമര്‍ശിച്ചിട്ടില്ല.   ഇരുപത്തിഒന്നാം നൂറ്റാണ്ടിന്‍റെ തുടക്കത്തില്‍  Eastern Europe - ലെ രാജ്യങ്ങളില്‍ ആഞ്ഞുവീശിയ വിപ്ലവം(Colour Revolution) തികച്ചും സമാനമായ ഒന്നായിരുന്നു. അതില്‍ ഷാര്‍പിന്‍റെ കൃതി വഹിച്ച പങ്ക് വളരെ വലുതാണെങ്കിലും ലോകജനത ഷാര്‍പിനെ വല്ലാതെ ഒന്നും അറിഞ്ഞിട്ടില്ല. 2009 -തിലെ സമാധാനത്തിനുള്ള നോബല്‍ സമ്മാനത്തിനു ‌നോമിനേഷന്‍ കിട്ടിയതും ഷാര്‍പിനേയും അദ്ദേഹത്തിന്‍റെ കൃതിയെയും വല്ലാതെ ഒന്നും പ്രശസ്തമാക്കിയില്ല.     അനുസരിക്കാനുള്ള ജനങ്ങളുടെ സന്നദ്ധതയാണ് ഏതൊരു എകാധിപതിയുടെയും ശക്തി എന്ന് ഷാര്‍പ്പ് വാദിക്കുന്നു. എന്നാല്‍ അനുസരിക്കാതിരിക്കാന്‍  ജനങ്ങള്‍ മാര്‍ഗങ്ങള്‍ വികസിപ്പിക്കുമ്പോള്‍ ഏകാധിപത്യം വിഴും. ഇത്തരത്തിലുള്ള ഹിംസാര

Criminals that we vote into power

  An analysis published by National Election Watch (NEW), a collective of more than 1,200 NGOs and citizen-led organisations, shows the rot going deeper than before. NEW's report says 153 out of 355 candidates analysed (i.e. about 43 per cent) have criminal cases pending against them, as declared by them under oath . 54% of congress candidates are having pending criminal cases. 45% of CPI[M] candidates are having pending criminal cases. 67% of CMP candidates are having pending criminal cases. 43% Muslim League candidates are having pending criminal cases. All major parties have given tickets to candidates accused of extortion, murder, and such other culpable offences. Here is a party-wise list of tainted candidates: Here is the complete analysis.